Monday, September 22, 2008

Kindergarten Update

I started this blog with a different title about how much I've overbooked myself since school has started. As I was reading back what I had written, I realized I was totally whining about having a life (something I've always wanted), so I deleted everything and started over. Instead, here is my wonderful Kindergarten update on Sam.

Well, we're over a month in and Sam's still loving school! I'm still in shock every day he happily gets on (and off) the bus. Homework started coming home last week and loves that too. His teacher sends the entire week's worth of homework out on Monday and they have until Friday to return it. It's a great system, because there are days that are just not good for homework. For the last two weeks we've done the entire weeks worth on Monday and returned it on Tuesday. It usually takes a couple of hours, but it's such a great feeling to not have to think about it for another week. I've gone to the class a couple of times for different activities and he's so happy to see me every time (he told me that was his favorite part of the day). His teacher knew I was concerned about his shyness, but has assured me several times that he's participating very well in class. It's like I have a different child from 6 months ago!!

Ty is loving school too, but I haven't received many updates from his teachers yet. Hopefully, I'll get to spend some time there during the holidays and get a better idea.

So, I'm glad I stopped myself from complaining to brag on my babies! I'm very proud of them.

1 comment:

Bayou Belle said...

Am I allowed to tell you "Told you so!" yet? Sam seems so happy everytime I see him at school! As he should be and you should be proud too!